All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a sequel to the New York Times bestseller Please Stop Laughing at Me..., the 2007 release of Jodee Blanco's Please Stop Laughing at Us... received deserved attention for demanding an end to school bullying once and for all, and for supplying parents, educators, and targeted students with the tools and skills needed to do so. In this 2011 revised edition, Please Stop Laughing at Us...One Woman's Inspirational Story Continues includes the same powerful message that Blanco is respected and known for, with new material, including strategy guides for parents and educators, new material, including a Q&A for parents and educators, updated information on university bullying in light of recent news events, and a touching epilogue. Please Stop Laughing at Us...is the story of America's rejected and bullied students from the perspective of the one person with unprecedented access to the truth about what's going on in our schools. Blanco exposes both the strengths and vulnerabilities of a nation too clouded by rhetoric and self-defense to understand what really needs to be done.
- Author BiographyJodee Blanco, as a survivor and activist, is one of America's pre-eminent voices on the subject of bullying. She is the author of The New York Times bestselling memoir, Please Stop Laughing At Me . . . One Woman's Inspirational Story, which inspired countless bullying victims of all ages to eagerly reclaim their lives and dignity. In response to audiences, Blanco's award-winning sequel, Please Stop Laughing at Us . . . One Survivor's Extraordinary Quest to Prevent School Bullying, provides bullying advice and solutions against the backdrop of her personal and professional journey from the bullied party to America's most sought after anti-bullying activist. Blanco is a respected motivational speaker, crisis management consultant, and expert witness in the areas of school violence, peer abuse, and adult bullying. She has presented her acclaimed in-school anti-bullying program, It's NOT Just Joking Around!(TM), to over 500,000 students, teachers, and parents nationwide, and her expertise and testimony have appeared in Newsweek, USA Today, CNN, NBC, FOX, NPR, Parade, The Chicago Tribune, and Oprah.com.
- Author(s)Jodee Blanco
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Weight567 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.