All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Leonardo da Vinci on the shifting colours of the sky to Charlotte Bronte on the wild moors of Yorkshire, and from DH Lawrence inhabiting the mind of the indomitable tortoise to the intrepid Isabella Bird climbing a Hawaiian volca, this unusual anthology showcases many voices - lyrical, awestruck, often deeply reflective. The texts gathered here, many accompanied by rarely seen artwork from early editions, are all grounded in close observation and real love for landscape, and reveal the tradition of nature writing to be deep-rooted and infinitely varied.
- Author BiographyChristina Hardyment is the author of more than ten books on literature and social history, including Writing Britain: Wastelands to Wonderlands (British Library, 2012) and The World of Arthur Ransome (Frances Lincoln 2012). She is also the editor of Pleasures of the Garden: A Literary Anthology (British Library, 2014).
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Content Note30 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.