All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAgricultural subsidies in grains, cotton, milk, sugar, tobacco, honey, wool, and peanuts are analysed in this examination of U.S. farm policy. Looking at such programs as food stamps, crop insurance, subsidised credit, trade credit, trade subsidies and import restrictions, conservation, agricultural research, and taxation, this historical perspective argues that these subsidies ultimately redistribute wealth to powerful agricultural interests who use their political clout to advance their ecomic interests at the expense of the general public. This analysis of government farm programs will appeal to professors and students who study agriculture; people affected by government farm policies; public officials, and businesses affected by agricultural policy such as those in food service, retail, and distribution.
- Author BiographyE. C. Pasour, Jr., is a professor of business and economics at North Carolina State University and the author of Agriculture and the State. He lives in Raleigh, North Carolina. Randall R. Rucker is a professor of agricultural economics at Montana State University. He lives in Bozeman, Montana. Bruce L. Gardner is the former assistant secretary for economics in the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the dean of the college of agriculture at the University of Maryland. He lives in College Park, Maryland.
- Author(s)E. C. Pasour,Randall R. Rucker
- PublisherIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight100 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byBruce L. Gardner
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.