All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the state of the art in worldwide research on applying optimization approaches to intelligently control charging and discharging of batteries of Plug-in Electric Vehicles (PEVs) in smart grids. Network constraints, cost considerations, the number and penetration level of PEVs, utilization of PEVs by their owners, ancillary services, load forecasting, risk analysis, etc. are all different criteria considered by the researchers in developing mathematical based equations which represent the presence of PEVs in electric networks. Different objective functions can be defined and different optimization methods can be utilized to coordinate the performance of PEVs in smart grids. This book will be an excellent resource for anyone interested in grasping the current state of applying different optimization techniques and approaches that can manage the presence of PEVs in smart grids.
- Author BiographyDr. Sumedha Rajakaruna received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was a Lecturer at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka until 2000 and then an Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore until 2007. Since 2007, he is at Curtin University, Perth, Australia. He is the founding Director and Lead Designer of Green Electric Energy Park at Curtin University, a state of the art renewable energy laboratory built at the cost of over $1.2 million in 2012. He is the supervisor of more than 10 PhD graduates and has published 2 book chapters and over 40 research articles. Dr. Farhad Shahnia received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. He is currently a Lecturer in Curtin University, Perth, Australia. His professional experience includes three years at Research Office-Eastern Azarbayjan Electric Power Distribution Company, Tabriz, Iran. Prior to joining Curtin University, he was a research fellow in Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. He has published 5 book chapters, 8 journal papers and 55 conference papers. Dr. Arindam Ghosh received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from University of Calgary, Canada in 1983. Currently, he is a Professor of Power Engineering at Curtin University, Perth, Australia. Prior to joining the Curtin in 2013, he was with Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia from 2006 to 2012 and with the Department of Electrical Engineering at IIT Kanpur, India, for 21 years. He is a fellow of INAE and IEEE. He has published 1 book, 6 book chapters and more than 350 papers in international conferences and journals.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication29/11/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitlePower Systems
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 150 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight701 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byA. Garcia-Cerrada,Arindam Ghosh,Farhad Shahnia,Sumedha Rajakaruna
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.