Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
About this product
- Description'British Railways Past and Present' is a nationwide series of books featuring photographs of railway locations taken several decades ago and comparing them with the same scene today. Such is the current pace of change on our railway system that even a few years can reduce a busy and vibrant railway scene to a wasteland or housing estate - or conversely bring electrification and up-to-the-minute techlogy outdated, run-down route. The contrasts are often dramatic, while sometimes hardly anything has altered in 30 or 40 years. Whatever the change, the comparison of 'past' and 'present' will intrigue t only the railway enthusiast and historian, but also anyone interested in our recent history. This will be the 4th volume in the series to visit the county Devon. The previous volumes in the series being: No 8 Devon No 52 East Devon No 53 North and West Devon Such has been the popularity of both Devon and the series a whole you can be sure of a ready and waiting audience this brand new volume looking at the major railway centre Plymouth and its environs. Plymouth has a fascinating railway history having in the past been served by two main line routes to London, several stations and extensive freight yards. Even today the railway is an important part of the transport infrastructure - one of the London lines and several branch lines may have closed but there is still much to see both the working railway and the traces of past lines. David Mitchell has come up with a wonderful mix of past images with which to contrast the present...Enjoy!
- Author(s)David Mitchell
- PublisherSilver Link Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2013
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleBritish Railways Past & Present S.
- Series Part/Volume Number67
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPast & Present Publishing Ltd
- Width172 mm
- Height238 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.