All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfiling nearly 200 types of rocks and minerals from volcanic rocks and granite to sparkling diamonds and explosive sulfur, Pocket Genius: Rocks and Minerals digs deep beneath the surface, informing young readers what each rock is made of, how they are formed and what they are used for, how to be a rock collector, and how to identify rocks and minerals. Also highlighting landmarks such as Devils Tower, Giant's Causeway, and Shiprock Pinnacle, this Pocket Genius title shows how rocks and minerals play a part in the formation of each.Redesigned in paperback, DK's best-selling Pocket Genius series is w available in an engaging compact and ecomical format that is ideal for both browsing and quick reference for use in school and at home. Catalog entries packed with facts provide at-a-glance information, while locator icons offer immediately recognizable references to aid navigation and understanding, and fact files round off the book with fun facts such as record breakers and timelines. Each pocket-size encyclopedia is filled with facts on subjects ranging from animals to history, cars to dogs, and Earth to space and combines a child-friendly layout with engaging photography and bite-size chunks of text that will encourage and inform even the most reluctant readers.
- PublisherDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Date of Publication19/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitlePocket Genius
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Weight91 g
- Width97 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.