All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis pocket-sized photographic guide to the birds of East Africa features 296 birds likely to be spotted in the region. Colourful photographs illustrate diagstic features and plumage differences between male and female or breeding and n-breeding birds. Comparative photographs help differentiate between confusing species. Important distinguishing characteristics are highlighted in the text. Distribution maps and Swahili common names for all species are included. Introduction features a labelled bird diagram, habitat map, glossary and useful advice to birdwatchers. An invaluable guide for visitors to national parks and the many areas in East Africa that are rich in birdlife.
- Author BiographyDave Richards, author and photographer, has written a number of books on travel and wildlife in Kenya and East Africa. He regularly contributes articles and photographs to a range of local and international magazines and books. Dave leads photographic and ornithological safaris through Kenya and Tanzania, and also to Botswana, Madagascar, Namibia, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Author(s)Dave Richards
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Nature
- Content Note400 Photographs
- Weight210 g
- Width105 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.