All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA compact, easy-to-use bird identification guide for any nature watcher on a visit to Sri Lanka, a rich and satisfying destination for watching birds with more than 430 species identified on the island. A total of 252 species is described here in detail, from the Black-rumped Flameback to the Ceylon Blue Magpie. All of these birds are clearly illustrated in a collection of specially commissioned colour photographs. With almost 300 full-colour photographs, easy-to-use thumbnail family silhouettes, a regional distribution map and handy tips on the best birding localities. Illustrated with clear colour photography and brief but authoritative descriptions the Pocket Photo Guides highlight the species of birds and animals from each region that the traveller is most likely to see, as well as those that are genuinely endemic (only to be seen in that country or region) or special rarities. The genuine pocket size allow the books to be carried around on trips and excursions and will take up minimal rucksack and suitcase space.
- Author BiographyGehan de Silva Wijeyeratne has been passionate about Sri Lanka's wildlife since the age of three when he went on his first leopard safari in Yala. He has authored and photographed more than 300 articles for national and international newspapers and magazines on Sri Lankan biodiversity, travel and business topics along with 15 books. Deepal Warakagoda is a prominent Sri Lankan ornithologist who also works as a professional guide for birding tours of the island. He discovered a new species of bird endemic to Sri Lanka, the Serendib scops owl and has also identified (each for the first time) 15 new migrant species of birds in Sri Lanka, and published a large number of articles on the avifauna of Sri Lanka. T S U de Zylva is an ornithologist and nature photographer who has published a number of books on the natural history of Sri Lanka.
- Author(s)Deepal Warakagoda,Gehan de Silvia Wijeyeratne
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteMore than 250 photographs
- Weight161 g
- Width95 mm
- Height190 mm
- Illustrator(s)T. S. U. de Zylva
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.