Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a world-rewned expert in rheumatology this book serves as a refresher for GPs and hospital doctors containing practical diagstic and treatment advice. Reviews clinical developments and guidelines, and places them into everyday clinical practice Stresses the importance of early and aggressive treatment Concise but comprehensive whilst being loaded with illustrations including imaging examples all presented in pocket sized format Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is the most common and serious inflammatory arthritis, resulting in joint destruction, functional impairment and increased mortality. The outcome of the disease, however, has improved considerably in recent years with the availability of effective therapies and the recognition that early intensive treatment strategies result in better outcomes. This book has been designed to increase physician awareness of the importance of early and intensive treatment - a key pharmaceutical strategy in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Author BiographyPaul Emery is Arthritis Research Campaign Professor of Rheumatology and Head of the Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal Medicine at the University of Leeds, as well as Clinical Director (Rheumatology) at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust in the United Kingdom. He graduated in medicine from the University of Cambridge and completed specialist accreditation in internal medicine and rheumatology. He completed his thesis on the immunopathology of rheumatoid arthritis at Guy's Hospital, and then served as Head of Rheumatology at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Melbourne. He was senior lecturer in rheumatology at the University of Birmingham, UK from 1987-1995 until his present appointment. Professor Emery has served as a member of several education committees including the Senior Advisory Committees of the Royal College of Physicians, the MRCP Part 1 Board. He is currently the President of EULAR, a past member of the Scientific Committee and Chairs the MRI imaging group. He has served on the editorial boards of several journals, including Rheumatology, Arthritis and Rheumatism, Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, Clinical Rheumatology and Modern Rheumatology (Japanese Rheumatology Association Journal). He is a recipient of the Roche Biennial Award of Clinical Rheumatology, the Rheumatology Hospital Doctor of the Year award 1999 and the EULAR prize 2002 for outstanding contribution to Rheumatology research. Professor Emery's research interests centre around the immunopathogenesis and immunotherapy of rheumatoid arthritis and connective tissue diseases. He has a special interest in the factors leading to persistent inflammation. He has published over 650 peer-reviewed articles in this area.
- Author(s)Paul Emery
- PublisherCurrent Medicine Group
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCurrent Medicine Group
- Content Notebiography
- Weight130 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.