All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe U.S. Children's Poet Laureate and an award-winning children's poet join their prolific forces in this picture book of poems about cars. But they're t just any cars: there's the Sloppy-Floppy-Nonstop-Jalopy ( So unique there is copy ); the Bathtub Limosine ( With hot water heating / And porcelain seating ); and the High Heel Car. Each of the thirteen quirky, inventive poems will speak directly to the imaginations of children, as will Holmes's high-concept, detail-filled illustrations.
- Author BiographyJ. PATRICK LEWIS, the U.S. Children's Poet Laureate, is one of the best known children's poets writing today, and the author of many celebrated picture books. His books include Doodle Dandies, Please Bury Me in the Library, and First Dog, as well as two previous S&W titles Kindergarten Cat and The Fantastic 5&10cents Store.DOUGLAS FLORIAN is the creator of many acclaimed picture books, including Dinothesaurus, the recipient of four starred reviews; Comet, Stars, the Moon and Mars, a Kirkus Reviews Best Book and a Horn Book Fanfare; and Bow Wow Meow Meow, a Gryphon Award winner. JEREMY HOLMES's first book for children, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, received the Bologna Ragazzi Opera Prima Award. He also created the jacket image for On the Day I Died by Candace Fleming.
- Author(s)Douglas Florian,J Patrick Lewis
- PublisherSchwartz & Wade Books
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchwartz & Wade Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width249 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jeremy Holmes
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.