Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBlodgett wrote his poems for a small park in English and some in French, but was able to have some of them translated into Cree, Michif, Chinese, and Ukrainian. This reflects Edmonton's unique multicultural ambience and the roles of diverse cultures in the making of the city. The powerful images and thoughtful metaphors in these short lyrics show readers the connections between Canadian nature (even within city limits) and the sublime, especially in the overwhelming silence we can sense outdoors - if we pay attention. The poet speaks to change by helping us see natural phemena around us in a different light each time we read his poems.
- Author BiographyE.D. Blodgett, FRSC, is University Professor Emeritus of Comparative Literature at the University of Alberta, and holds the Louis Desrochers Chair in Etudes Canadiennes at its Campus Saint-Jean. He has published 18 books of poetry, two of which won the Governor General's Award, as well as Five-Part Invention: A History of Literary history in Canada. In 2007, he was appointed Poet Laureate of Edmonton.
- Author(s)E. D. Blodgett
- PublisherAU Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleMingling Voices
- Place of PublicationEDMONTON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAU Press
- Content Note16 colour photographs
- Weight136 g
- Width4522 mm
- Height4522 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.