All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVirtually unkwn in the English-speaking world, Girondo is one of the pioneers of Latin American literature. This selection offers a glimpse of a precise and playful writer who insisted that a poem should be constructed like a watch and sold like a sausage.
- Author BiographyOliverio Girondo was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1891, and the author of seven innovative books of poetry. He traveled often to Europe where he forged ties with the French Symbolists and the Spanish avant-garde. Girondo eventually died from injuries sustained in a 1964 car accident in 1967. Heather Cleary won a PEN Translation Fund Award for her translations of Girondo.
- Author(s)Oliverio Girondo
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleNew Directions Poetry Pamphlets
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight110 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byHeather Cleary
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.