All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study traces Edgar Allan Poe's contribution to the Gothic tradition and his invention of the detective tale. It explores the connections between these genres in British and American writers influenced by Poe, such as Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Louis Stevenson, Thomas Harris, and Stephen King. This book also examines women writers strongly influenced by Poe, such as Joyce Carol Oates, Sara Paretsky, and Sue Grafton. The last chapter of the volume considers films - in particular, the Roger Corman Poe series, Chinatown, Seven, and Blade Runner - that connect the horror and detective genres.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Tony Magistrale is Professor of English at the University of Vermont. He is widely published in the Anglo-American Gothicisim field. His most recent book is The Poe Encyclopedia. He is the author of another volume published by Peter Lang entitled Writing Across Culture. He has received his Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh. Sidney Poger is Professor of English at the University of Vermont. He received his Ph.D. in English from Columbia University. He is widely published in journals on various topics and genres.
- Author(s)Sidney Poger,Tony Magistrale
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight220 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.