All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionPoetics of the Pretext is an original study of the French poet Lautreamont (1846-1870), who was rediscovered by the Surrealists in the 1920s and promoted to the vanguard of theoretical debate by the 'Telquelists' of the 1960s, but whose work has remained largely igred or misinterpreted beyond a small circle of enthusiasts. Poetics of the Pretext analyses closely the texts, pretexts and intertexts of this invative poet, bringing Les Chants de Maldoror and Poesies to the foreground of contemporary critical debates around poetics, genre, intertextuality and influence. This book will make a major contribution to our understanding t only of the work of Lautreamont but also to the function of originality, imitation and plagiarism in the nineteenth century.
- Author BiographyRoland-Francois Lack is Lecturer in French at University College London.
- Author(s)Roland-Francois Lack
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication01/05/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Weight480 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.