Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the first of its kind to collect classic and contemporary work focused on the intersection of poetry and cultural studies, reaching from Wordsworth's \u0022Preface to Lyrical Ballads\u0022 and W. E. B. Du Bois's \u0022Of the Sorrow Songs\u0022 to present-day essays on rap lyrics, queer poetry, folk poetry, and beyond. The writings also ackwledge the major contributions of both the Frankfurt School and the Birmingham School's contributions toward broadening the field of artifacts permissible for serious study with the primarily literary tools of close reading of textual/textural detail. Rethinking tions of poetic experiences and their roles in popular or mass culture, these essays effectively speak to students, academics, poetry enthusiasts, and those interested in social movements, including slammers, academics, workshop leaders, and poetry theorists.
- Author BiographyMaria Damon is a professor of English at the University of Minnesota. Ira Livingston is a professor of English and humanities at Pratt Institute.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2009
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note2 photographs; 4 line drawings; 3 lines of music
- Weight635 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIra Livingston,Maria Damon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.