All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA book to celebrate the theme of 'food', as part of the Poetry Society's annual 'National Poetry Day' festivities. Perfectly appropriate for the armchair or the kitchen, Poetry on a Plate contains mouth-watering recipes by chefs and food writers, including Tony Singh, Frances Bissell, Mary Berry and Anton Edelmann, combined with a delicious assortment of poems. This unique feast features chefs talking about poetry and poets talking about food, garnished with poems selected by the Poetry Society which relate to the ingredients or composition of each recipe. Poets include some of the UK's top contemporary poets as well as their predecessors -- Keats and others.
- Author BiographyThis collection was edited and designed by a panel of Poetry Society staff, including: Jules Mann, Director (who worked in the wine business in California for 15 years); Janet Phillips, Book Designer; Angel Dahouk, who researched and categorised the poems; Andrew Bailey, who assisted in the research and virtual component of this project; and Jessica York and Valeria Melchioretto who compiled the Poetry Cafe menu and blackboard.
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication07/10/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Out-of-print date04/09/2006
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byThe Poetry Society
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.