All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 1 of Point Defects in Solids has as its major emphasis defects in ionic solids. Volume 2 w extends this emphasis to semiconductors. The first four chapters treat in some detail the creation, kinetic behavior, inter- actions, and physical properties of both simple and composite defects in a variety of semiconducting systems. Also included, as in Vol. 1, are chapters on special topics, namely phon-defect interactions and defects in organic crystals. Defect behavior in semiconductors has been a subject of considerable interest since the discovery some twenty-five years ago that fast neutron irradiation profoundly affected the electrical characteristics of germanium and silicon. Present-day interest has been stimulated by such semiconductor applications as solar cell power plants for space stations and satellites and semiconductor particle and y-ray detectors, since in both radiation damage can cause serious deterioration. Of even greater practical concern is the need to understand particle damage in order to capitalize upon the develop- ing technique of ion implantation as a means of device fabrication. Although the periodic international conferences on radiation effects in semiconductors have served the valuable function of summarizing the extensive work being done in this field, these proceedings are much too detailed and lack the background discussion needed to make them useful to the vice.
- Author(s)James H. Crawford,Lawrence M. Slifkin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.