All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionPoint to Point: Exploring the Inside Passage by Kayak is a paddler's guide for kayaking the waters of the Inside Passage from the San Juan Islands of Washington State to Skagway, Alaska. The book chronicles the three-month long adventure of a sea kayaker as he explores the 1,250-mile route completely alone. The reader experiences the day-to-day challenges faced by a long distance solo paddler heading rth along the remote Pacific Ocean coastline of Canada and Alaska. Information on the equipment and techniques necessary to complete the journey, as well as specifics of the route followed are covered in detail.Sections on flora, fauna, geology, weather, safety, and the natural world provide the reader with unique background information essential to a successful trip.
- Author BiographyOutdoor adventurers have been a big part of who I am for most of my life. I first started backpacking and canoeing when I was eleven years old and became instantly enthralled by the joys of wilderness travel. My excursions have taken me to every corner of North America exploring remote wilderness areas on foot, canoe, raft, river kayak, and sea kayak. For the past thirty years I have enjoyed the many wonders of sea kayaking, focusing most of my travels in British Columbia and Southeast Alaska. The Inside Passage, that amazing water route from Washington to Alaska, has become my favorite wilderness area to explore and my new second home. My book, Point To Point: Exploring the Inside Passage by Kayak will take you along for the ride and give you some important first hand information that you can use when you head out on your next wilderness adventure. Whether you are an armchair adventurer or someone who loves to get sand in their shorts I believe you will find the book both interesting and helpful.
- Author(s)Denis Dwyer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.