All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first mographic work dedicated to the work of Pol Quadens, sketches, drawings, photographs and personal testimonials come together to create a picture of the Belgian designer s career. This luxuriously illustrated volume features Quadens insights on aesthetics, philosophy, techlogy and design, and displays how his design principles have led to the development of each one of his creations. The reader is invited into the creative process, from inspiration to execution, and passing through techlogical exploration, as Quadens questions the boundaries between art and functionality. From the lightest chair in the world (1995), through the heel-less shoe (2000), to the purely sculptural works Birds and Vertigo (2013), Quadens career has developed into an art that defies material constraints in the pursuit of creating objects that are sometimes useful, but always beautiful.
- Author BiographyBernard Marcelis is an art historian, critic and curator. Pol Quadens is a Belgian designer. Jean-Louis Servan-Schreiber is a French journalist and essayist.
- Author(s)Bernard Marcelis,Jean-Louis Servan-Schreiber,Pol Quadens
- PublisherSomogy Editions d'Art
- Date of Publication27/02/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintSomogy Editions d'Art
- Content Note180 illustrations
- Weight1633 g
- Width246 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.