All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the largest and most strategically important country in Central-Eastern Europe, Poland's transformation from socialism to capitalism has brought with it immense political changes. Poland was the first Eastern European country to return to capitalism, with its shock-therapy ecomic reforms replicated throughout the region. Here, Gavin Rae analyses the changes to the country since 1989 in their historical and geo-political framework. He looks at both how the absorption of Poland into the international capitalist system has transformed the country and how this process is contributing to developments globally. This book considers the importance of the development of European Union expansion and at its expected results within Poland and an enlarged EU.
- Author BiographyGavin Rae is a professor in sociology at the Leon Kominski Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management in Warsaw.
- Author(s)Gavin Rae
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight413 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.