All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn September 2009, researcher BJ Kirschhoffer was studying polar bears in Churchill, Canada. There were bears everywhere, but something strange was happening to the animals. Some did t look healthy. Many of them were skinnyBJ could even see their ribs through their white fur. These were t well-fed bears. BJ knew that something was very wrong, but what was causing this problem? In Polar Bear: Shrinking Ice, kids go on a real-life adventure with wildlife biologist BJ Kirschhoffer as he solves the mystery of the skinny polar bears. Along the way, children will learn how polar bears survive in their bone-chilling environment, including how they hunt, stay warm, and raise their babies. Large, full-color photos and a narrative format will keep readers turning the pages for more.
- Author(s)Stephen Person
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleBuilt for Cold: Arctic Animals
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight277 g
- Width208 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.