All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lavishly illustrated companion to Winston Graham's beloved Poldark vels, reissued as the new BBC series based on the vels is first broadcast. Graham's saga of Cornish life in the eighteenth century has enthralled readers throughout the world for seventy years and the wild landscapes that inspired the vels have - even today - remained relatively unchanged. Cornwall then was a perilous world of pirates and shipwrecks: of rugged coast and mysterious smugglers' coves, of windswept moors and picturesque villages such as Boscastle and Port Quin, and of beaches, tin mines and churches. With an introduction by Winston Graham's son, Andrew, and illustrated with stunning photographs, Poldark's Cornwall is a glorious evocation of the land of beauty, excitement, romance and imagination that Graham loved so well.
- Author BiographyWinston Graham was the author of more than forty novels, including The Walking Stick, Angell, Pearl and Little God, Stephanie and Tremor. His novels have been widely translated and his famous Poldark series has been developed into two television series shown in twenty-two countries. Six of Winston Graham's books have been filmed for the big screen, the most notable being Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Winston Graham was a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and in 1983 was awarded the OBE. He died in July 2003. Andrew Graham is the son of Winston Graham. He is a political economist and a former Master of Balliol College, Oxford. He is currently a Senior Fellow at the Oxford Internet Institute, a Director of the Scott Trust, a Rhodes Trustee, Chair of the Academic Council of the Europaeum, and a consultant to Mammoth Screen for the new adaptation of the Poldark novels.
- Author(s)Winston Graham
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight945 g
- Width231 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Introduction byAndrew Graham
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.