All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered what really happens behind the scenes in the police? What bizarre 999 calls are made to the emergency services? Why can wearing two pairs of socks make you a suspect? What is the link between police and vampires? Which Royal arrest never made news headlines? What covert sign do officers make when they longer wish to talk to you? After successful careers in both the military and business, John Doghue realised that the higher you get in any organisation, the less fun you have. So, after handing back his expense account and company car, he joined the police in search of excitement and thrills...and discovered some surprising answers to these puzzling questions. PC John Doghue reveals all in his fascinating and hilarious true account of a year in the life of a front line response officer. Names and places have been changed to protect the guilty...but if you call the police, maybe, just maybe, it could be Police Constable John Doghue turning up at your door. This book will appeal to anyone interested in crime and police, as well as fans of autobiographies and humour.
- Author BiographyJohn Donoghue served as a commissioned officer in both the Royal Navy and British Army before a successful career as a consultant, advising on some of the country's highest security sites. In search of new adventure, John then joined the police where he is currently a serving officer.
- Author(s)John Donoghue
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.