Police Operations: Theory and Practice by Karen Hess, Henry Cho, Christine M. H. Orthmann (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $104.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $176.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis trusted book provides a focused, practical introduction to the key principles and practices guiding the operations of modern police departments. While maintaining its proven instructional approach and strong focus on community- and problem-oriented policing, the sixth edition of POLICE OPERATIONS: THEORY AND PRACTICE reflects the latest trends and research shaping the day-to-day operations of progressive police departments. A new Perspectives from a First-Line Supervisor feature shares practical, applied information. Highlights include new and revised information on evolving techlogy, the police officer hiring process, how police use websites and social media to communicate with the public, patrol techniques, cultural diversity, cell phone use and laws, hazardous materials response, federal emergency response agencies, and cyberterrorism. The authors complement this wealth of information with an appealing writing style, numerous photos and illustrations, and real-life examples to engage your interest, enhance learning, and demonstrate the professional relevance of chapter material. Now better than ever, this convenient book is an ideal resource for law enforcement students and professionals who want an accessible, up-to-date guide to essential principles and current trends and practices in police operations.
- Author BiographyHenry Lim Cho holds an M.A. in Human Services with an emphasis on Criminal Justice Leadership from Concordia University, St. Paul, Minnesota. He has worked in the field of criminal justice for more than 10 years, having held positions in private security and as a community service officer, police officer, and detective. He retired from the Rosemount (Minnesota) Police Department with the rank of Sergeant. Sergeant Cho has experience as a use-of-force instructor and as a crime scene investigator. His professional memberships include the Text and Academic Authors Association, Minnesota Police and Peace Officer's Association, International Association of Identification--Minnesota Chapter, Minnesota Sex Crimes Investigator Association, High Technology Crime Investigation Association, National White Collar Crime Center, and the Fraternal Order of Police. He co-authored POLICE OPERATIONS and INTRODUCTION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE, and has been published in the Minnesota Police Journal. The late Karen Matison Hess, PhD, wrote extensively in law enforcement and criminal justice, gaining a respected reputation for the consistent pedagogical style around which she structured each textbook. She co-authored multiple editions of MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, JUVENILE JUSTICE, and INTRODUCTION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE in addition to this text; much of her work and influence remains unchanged in this new edition. Christine H. Orthmann holds an M.S. in criminal justice from the University of Cincinnati and has been writing and researching in various aspects of criminal justice for over 20 years. She is the co-author of numerous Cengage Learning textbooks, a former reserve officer with the Rosemount, Minnesota, Police Department, and a member of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS), the American Society of Criminology (ASC), the Text and Academic Authors Association (TAA), and the National Criminal Justice Honor Society (Alpha Phi Sigma).
- Author(s)Christine M. H. Orthmann,Henry Cho,Karen Hess
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1295 g
- Width209 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.