All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStarting with a historical introduction, Police Use of Force presents readers with critical and timely issues facing police and the communities they serve when police encounters turn violent. Dr. Palmiotto offers in-depth coverage of the use of force, deadly force, n-lethal weapons, militarization of policing, racism and profiling, legal cases, psychology, perception and training, and violence prevention. Police Use of Force also investigates many case studies, both famous (Rodney King) and contemporary (Ferguson, MO). Essential reading for both criminal justice professionals and academics, this text places police conflict within a complex, modern context, inviting cogent conversation in the classroom and the precinct.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Palmiotto is professor of criminal justice and undergraduate coordinator of the Criminal Justice Department at Wichita State University. He was formerly a police officer in New York State, serving in White Plains and Scarsdale. He has experience in establishing and operating a police training facility in Western Pennsylvania. Dr. Palmiotto earned a master's degree from John Jay College (CUNY) and a doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh. He has been a faculty member of several universities, including Western Illinois University and Armstrong State University. He has published 11 books, 13 book chapters, and numerous articles on criminal justice and law enforcement. He has published in the areas of criminal investigations, community policing, police misconduct, police globalization, and police training, including Criminal Investigation and Combating Human Trafficking among others. He is the recipient of two Fulbright awards.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMichael J. Palmiotto
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.