Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionUrbanization poses several challenges before service delivery systems in almost every society. In a democratic society like India, a service delivery system like policing assumes even greater importance. From understanding Delhi as a unique metropolis, the patterns of policing in the 'seven cities of Delhi', and infrastructure constraints and related crime to terrorism, crime against women and juveniles, techlogy and policing, and the typology of criminals-this book looks at the evolution of Delhi over the years and the attendant changes. Focusing on the challenges posed by over-urbanization, this volume discusses the changes brought about in policing in Delhi over the years to counter the problems of crime, law and order, traffic and terrorism, among other issues. The appendices, including basic data sheet for the nine districts of Delhi and various charts and maps, provide a wealth of additional information.
- Author BiographyOm Prakash Mishra is Deputy Commissioner of Police, East District, Delhi Police.
- Author(s)Om Prakash Mishra
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- First Published2012
- ImprintOUP India
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight452 g
- Width146 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.