All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book critically examines coordination work between police officers and agencies. Police work requires constant interaction between police forces and units within those forces, yet the process by which police work with one ather is t well understood by sociologists or practitioners. At the same time, the increasing inter-dependence between police forces raises a wide set of questions about how police should act and how they can be held accountable when locally-based police officers work in or with multiple jurisdictions. This rearrangement of resources creates important issues of governance, which this book addresses through an inductive account of policing in practice. Policing Integration builds on extensive fieldwork in a multi-jurisdictional environment in Canada alongside a detailed review of ongoing research and debates. In doing so, this book presents important theoretical principles and empirical evidence on how and why police choose to work across boundaries or create barriers between one ather.
- Author BiographyChris Giacomantonio holds a DPhil in Criminology from the University of Oxford, UK. His research examines police governance, coordination, and tactics, with a focus on policy relevance. He is a qualitative and mixed methodologist and is particularly interested in the development of analytic qualitative methods for social research. Chris is currently an analyst at RAND Europe, Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Chris Giacomantonio,Michael Beenstock
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTransnational Crime, Crime Control and Security
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight410 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.