All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides an accessible and up-to-date introduction to criminal justice for all those undertaking degrees and foundation degrees in policing. It will also be relevant to degree courses in crimilogy and criminal justice. The book provides a holistic overview of the Criminal Justice System (CJS) and an exploration of the roles of key players within the system and how the police interact with these organisations. It examines some of the principles that underpin the 'modernisation' of the police, in particular how the police service collaborates with partner agencies and the rationale associated with the Change Agenda.
- Author BiographyChristopher Blake is a Principal Lecturer at Teesside University responsible for the management and delivery of a collaborative policing programme for student police officers with West Mercia Police. Christopher worked for West Midlands Police for thirty years in uniformed operations specialising in roads policing and staff training and development. While seconded to the Central Police Training and Development Authority he worked both as a team leader and as a training manager. Christopher has also delivered investigative training to detectives in Rwanda. Barrie Sheldon is a Senior Lecturer at Teesside University delivering a foundation degree in policing to West Mercia Police student police officers and online programmes in counter-terrorism. Barrie joined Staffordshire Police as a cadet in 1972 and retired in 2004. He enjoyed various operational roles and completed his career with the Major Investigation Department as a Senior Investigating Officer. Barrie was also involved with training during his police career and has also delivered investigative training to detectives in Rwanda. Peter Williams is a Senior Lecturer with Teesside University teaching programmes in partnership with West Mercia Police and the military police, as well as delivering online programmes in counter-terrorism. Peter served thirty years with Merseyside Police and retired as a police Inspector, having also served as a custody officer and trainer in the force custody department along with performing a consultative role for custody matters with the police in Hungary. Prior to his operational police career, Peter worked as a member of police staff with the then Liverpool and Bootle Constabulary and served in the Royal Air Force Police.
- Author(s)Barrie Sheldon,Christopher Blake,Dr. Peter Williams
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePolicing Matters Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.