All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first course guide that has been developed for students of policing. It identifies the core themes and additional source material, providing an essential overview for students and a reference point for use throughout their studies. The Policing Course Companion is designed to complement and work alongside existing literature. It provides: Easy access to the key themes in policing Helpful summaries of the approach taken by the main course textbooks Guidance on the essential study skills required to pass the course Help with developing critical thinking Taking it Further sections that suggest how readers can extent their thinking beyond the received wisdom Pointers to success in course exams and written assessment exercises The SAGE Course Companion in Policing is much more than a revision guide for undergraduates; it is an essential tool that will help readers take their course understanding to new levels and help them achieve success in their undergraduate course. John Grieve is a former Director of Intelligence for the Metropolitan Police, where he also held a number of other senior roles. He is w Chair of the John Grieve Centre for Policing and Community Safety and Emeritus Professor at London Metropolitan University. Clive Harfield is a former police Inspector and is w the Deputy Director of the John Grieve Centre for Policing and Community Safety, London Metropolitan University. Allyson MacVean is Founder and Director of the John Grieve Centre for Policing and Community Safety, London Metropolitan University.
- Author BiographyAllyson MacVean was the founder and first Director of the John Grieve Centre for Policing and Community Safety. Prior to this position, Allyson worked in the Serious and Organized Crime Unit at the Home Office. Her interests include police intelligence, the policing of investigations, policing child sexual abusers and police education. Her books include co-editor of The Handbook of Intelligence Policing (OUP, 2008), Policing Paedophiles on the Internet (New Police Bookshop, 2004) and Sage Course Companions: Policing (Sage Publications, 2007).
- Author(s)Allyson MacVean,Clive Harfield,John Grieve
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSage Course Companions Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width156 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.