All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to highlight prevalent democratic principles and how they can impact on public policy formulation and projects development in local governments in Nigeria. The book explores the impacts of democratic theories as they relate to the new perspectives for public administration; especially at the local government levels. Much of the discussions in this book pertain to the democratic and policy making principles that could engineer effective and sustainable public policy formulation within the local administration and governance. The book also uses these democratic perspectives to design the corrective measures that are needed for the successful policy formulation and implementation in local government administrations in Nigeria. By identifying the factors that have led to the failures of public policy and service delivery in Nigeria, this book develops the problem solution steps for the country's public policy processes in local government administration. Essentially, the book seeks to relate these perspectives to citizen empowerment and participation in public policy making and service delivery at the grassroots levels. This book illustrates the significance of the various democratic approaches and discusses the challenges facing public policy making in local in governance. The importance of deliberative democracy, democratic renewal, and citizen participation in governance is emphasized as an important rmative concern in public policy formulation. Public policies formulation during a democratic dispensation is usually more representative, participatory, and hence more sustainable. By analyzing these perspectives, their effects on the policy making in local governments of Nigeria become more appreciated. Partnerships between nprofit, business, and government sectors are becoming more prounced in most countries as the societal problems become more complex and difficult for the individual sectors. Moreover, public policy practitioners and public administrators are increasingly realizing the benefits of collaboration; this book, hence, explores the alternative n-governmental means of influencing policy making and delivering public services. The book is also aimed at creating the developmental strategy that would offer avenues for achieving meaningful partnerships between local government agencies and neighborhood councils/ development unions/town unions under a metropolitan environment. This is based on citizen participation that focuses on the interactive processes of building the trust among participants; and creating understanding and agreement. The book presents a model of citizen participation; designed to forge neighborhood councils and local government agencies together in a collaborative partnership. This model also offers a way for citizens and public administrators to overcome obstacles that prevent the creation of government-citizen relationships.
- Author BiographyDr Chima Imoh has a degree in Geodetic Engineering and a master's degree in international management. He has a doctorate degree in Public policy and Administration, specializing in public management and leadership. Dr Imoh is a member of the National Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administration, United States of America. He has lectured and worked in public institutions in the United States and in Africa. His practice expertise is on public policies for national development; a specialized field in which he consults for organizations and public think tanks that work on national development policies; especially for developing countries. Dr Chima Imoh is the author of other four books: (i) Cultural Competence for Global Management, (ii) Policy Making and Development Strategies for Local Governments in Nigeria, (iii)Elections, Leadership, and National development in Nigeria, and (iv) Nigeria: Politics and Policies for National Development. He is also a co-author of the book, Competency for Public Administration, edited by Professors Susan T. Gooden and Kris Major.
- Author(s)Dr Chima Imoh
- PublisherHeritage Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeritage Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.