All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCover Letter, Resume, and Interviewing Guide written specifically for college students and other first time job seekers. Written by R. Scott Morris, former CEO of the Boston Options Exchange and Managing Director at Goldman Sachs, Polished outlines the methods for success and the pitfalls that doom many job seekers. Polished reveals invaluable tips that will make employers tice you! Real life examples from a seasoned executive will teach you how to put your best foot forward in all stages of the job search, including Cover Letters - create focused, concise prose that highlights your skills and advances you to the interview Resume - develop insightful techniques that make it easy for employers to find and understand your key selling points Interviewing - leverage the value of your first impression by crafting your appearance and articulating your words for maximum effect Career Choice - assess careers and organizations to find the best match with your own personality and professional goals Polished gives you the tools you need for a successful job search. Scott tells it like it is, from his unique perspective as a hiring decision maker who has seen thousands of resumes and conducted hundreds of interviews. This book puts his experience to work for you!
- Author BiographyCareer Highlight: President, Morris Consulting, LLC CEO, Boston Options Exchange Group, LLC Managing Director, Goldman Sachs and Company Partner, Hull Trading Company Other Activities: Lecturer, University of Chicago, Chicago Careers in Business Program Guest Lecturer, Carnegie Mellon, Computational Finance Program Education University of Chicago, MBA, Finance and Statistics University of Chicago, AB, Economics Scott has over twenty years of experience in the financial services industry. He has always been very active in the hiring and recruiting process. He has reviewed thousands of resumes and cover letters and conducted over 500 interviews. Scott has a passion for solving complex problems and helping others learn. Polished is an expression of both these passions. Scott lives in west suburban Chicago with his wife, Margie, and their three teenage boys.
- Author(s)R Scott Morris
- PublisherMorris Consulting, LLC
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorris Consulting, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.