All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionIn the foreword to the first edition, rewned anthropologist Victor Turner wrote that this book was a succinct and lucid account of the sporadic growth of political anthropology over the past four decades ...the introduction we have all been waiting for. Unique in its field, this book offers a comprehensive overview of political anthropology, including its history, its major research findings, and its theoretical concerns both past and present. The third edition has been significantly updated and expanded, with extensive changes in many chapters, two new chapters, a new Preface that replaces the Introduction of the first two editions, an updated Glossary and Suggested Readings list, and an expanded Bibliography. In a clearly written style, this introduction also provides the background necessary for further study. The new chapters cover such topics as the politics of identity, and the transition from modernism to postmodernism. As with the earlier editions, this third edition of what has become a classic in the discipline still serves as a basic text and structure for a full course.
- Author BiographyTED C. LEWELLEN is Professor of Anthropology at the University of Richmond.
- Author(s)Ted C. Lewellen
- Date of Publication30/11/2003
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight412 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.