All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the role of Catholic parties in inter-war Europe in a systematically pan-European comparative perspective. Specific country chapters address key questions about the parties' membership and social organization; their ecomic and social policies; and their European and international policies at a time of increasing national and ethnic conflict, and the book includes two survey chapters explaining the origins of political catholicism in 19th century Europe and comparing the parties' interwar development, and two chapters on transnational party contacts. Along with its companion volume, Christian Democracy in Europe Since 1945, also published in 2004, students will have an abundandce of information to guide them through their studies on this fascinating subject.
- Author BiographyWolfram Kaiser is Professor of European Studies, University of Portsmouth, and Visiting Professor at the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium. He is joint editor of the companion volume to this set, Christian Democracy in Europe since 1945; and previous publications include Culture Wars: Secular-Catholic Conflict in Nineteenth Century Europe; and Using Europe: Abusing the Europeans: Britain and European Integration 1945-1963. He is currently working on a book on transnational Christian democracy in twentieth century Europe. Helmut Wohnout is Director of the Karl von Vogelsang Institute in Vienna. He has published widely on contemporary Austrian history, and is the editor of the yearbook Demokratie und Geschichte.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byHelmut Wohnout,Wolfram Kaiser
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.