All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong run processes of socio-ecomic change generate prodigious problems of social conflict and social control, and governments responsible for these processes must therefore manage the resultant conflict. Consequently, the success or failure of a government's management of such conflicts is a crucial factor in development outcomes. This volume investigates the political struggle for development specifically in two vital regions - East Asia and Latin America. This analysis calls into question the dominant emphasis on institutional and cultural bases for stable growth. A careful historical account of the two regions is presented, which permits the rigorous testing of conventional wisdoms regarding development. Of importance to a broad range of academics in the spheres of development studies, politics, political ecomy and sociology, this book will also make an interesting read for those with a general interest in these areas.
- Author BiographyRichard Boyd is Reader in the Law and Society of Japan at the University of Leiden, the Netherlands. Benno Galjart is Emeritus Professor of Development Sociology at the University of Leiden, the Netherlands. Tak-Wing Ngo is Lecturer in Chinese Politics at the University of Leiden, the Netherlands.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGaljart Benno,Richard Boyd,Tak-Wing Ngo
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.