All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the early work of Harriet Martineau (1802-1876), writer, journalist and woman of letters. She became famous in the 1830s with her Illustrations of Political Ecomy, a series of 25 short vels popularizing the basic principles of Political Ecomy. Also discussed are her two shorter series of tales from that period, Poor Laws and Paupers Illustrated and Illustrations of Taxation. With these works Martineau took part in an intense debate about the role of ecomic theory in English society. Drawing on such authorities as Adam Smith Martineau offered her readers the possibility of understanding the impact of the Industrial Revolution and its concomitant changes.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Claudia Orazem has a Master's degree in English Language and Literature, History of Art and Business and Management Studies from the University of Goettingen. She finished her doctorate degree in Modern English Literature at the University of Oxford in 1999 and is currently working for the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation).
- Author(s)Claudia Orazem
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnglo-American Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.