All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook uses modern political ecomy to introduce students of political science, government, ecomics, and public policy to the politics of the policymaking process. The book's distinct political ecomy approach has two virtues. By developing general principles for thinking about policymaking, it can be applied across a range of issue areas. It also unifies the policy curriculum, offering coherence to standard methods for teaching ecomics and statistics, and drawing connections between fields. The book begins by exploring the rmative foundations of policymaking--political theory, social choice theory, and the Paretian and utilitarian underpinnings of policy analysis. It then introduces game theoretic models of social dilemmas--externalities, coordination problems, and commitment problems--that create opportunities for policy to improve social welfare. Finally, it shows how the political process creates techlogical and incentive constraints on government that shape policy outcomes. Throughout, concepts and models are illustrated and reinforced with discussions of empirical evidence and case studies. This textbook is essential for all students of public policy and for anyone interested in the most current methods influencing policymaking today. * Comprehensive approach to politics and policy suitable for advanced undergraduates and graduate students* Models unify policy curriculum through methodological coherence * Exercises at the end of every chapter* Self-contained appendices cover necessary game theory* Extensive discussion of cases and applications
- Author BiographyEthan Bueno de Mesquita is the Sidney Stein, Jr. Professor and deputy dean in the Harris School of Public Policy Studies at the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Ethan Bueno de Mesquita
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note4 halftones. 79 line illus.
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.