All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection showcases an in-depth understanding of social flux and cultural turmoil in contemporary rth India. The author presents an intensive case study of Haryana, spanning the mid-nineteenth and twenty-first century. In doing so, she explores its politics, ecomy, and society with special emphasis on caste and gender. Divided into two sections-colonial and post-colonial-the essays critically examine the complex relationship of the colonial past with the present. Mapping significant social processes and state policies, the volume provides an insight into one of the wealthiest regions in India and why it continues to be regressive even in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyPrem Chowdhry is Independent researcher and former Fellow of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, New Delhi.
- Author(s)Prem Chowdhry
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Weight520 g
- Width143 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.