Political Game Theory: An Introduction by Adam Meirowitz, Nolan McCarty (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $75.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolitical Game Theory is a self-contained introduction to game theory and its applications to political science. The book presents choice theory, social choice theory, static and dynamic games of complete information, static and dynamic games of incomplete information, repeated games, bargaining theory, mechanism design and a mathematical appendix covering, logic, real analysis, calculus and probability theory. The methods employed have many applications in various disciplines including comparative politics, international relations and American politics. Political Game Theory is tailored to students without extensive backgrounds in mathematics, and traditional ecomics, however there are also many special sections that present technical material that will appeal to more advanced students. A large number of exercises are also provided to practice the skills and techniques discussed.
- Author BiographyNolan McCarty is Associate Dean and Professor of Politics and Public Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University. His recent publications include Polarized America: The Dance of Ideology and Unequal Riches (2006 with Keith Poole and Howard Rosenthal), The Realignment of National Politics and the Income Distribution (1997 with Keith Poole and Howard Rosenthal), as well as many articles in periodicals such as the American Political Science Review and the American Journal of Political Science. Adam Meirowitz is Associate Professor of Politics and Jonathan Dickenson Bicentennial Preceptor at Princeton University. Recent publications include Probabilistic Voting and Accountability in Repeated Elections with Uncertain Policy Constraints (2006) in the Journal of Public Economic Theory and In Defense of Exclusionary Deliberation: Communication and Voting with Private Beliefs and Values (2006) in the Journal of Theoretical Politics. He is a recipient of the Heinz Eulau Award from the American Political Science Association and the Robert H. Durr award from the Midwest Political Science Association.
- Author(s)Adam Meirowitz,Nolan McCarty
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleAnalytical Methods for Social Research
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note31 tables 128 exercises
- Weight820 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Series Edited byR. Michael Alvarez,Nathaniel L. Beck,Lawrence L. Wu
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.