Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionPolitical Power and Social Theory continues its longstanding run as a premier volume of comparative and historical social science. The volume focuses on a variety of questions relating to states, citizenship, and power, common themes examined with divergent analytical entry points and through deep kwledge of country cases as diverse as Russia, the United States, El Salvador, South Africa, and Israel. Whether examined with a focus on revolutions and political parties, or cities and their physical and social transformation, or through development of the concept of the 'familial state', which marries a preoccupation with lineage and micro-cultures to that of national-state institutions, these articles expand our theoretical and methodological imagination of how citizens become included or excluded in local and national structures of power.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication07/09/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePolitical Power and Social Theory
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byChristina Proenza-Coles,Diane E. Davis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.