All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines 111 types of state religion policy in 177 countries between 1990 and 2008. Jonathan Fox argues that policy is largely a result of the competition between political secular actors and religious actors, both of which try to influence state religion policy. While there are other factors that influence state religion policy and both the secular and religious camps are divided, Fox offers that the secular-religious competition perspective provides critical insight into the nature of religious politics across the globe. While many states have both increased and decreased their involvement in religion, Fox demonstrates that states which have become more involved in religion are far more common.
- Author BiographyJonathan Fox is a Professor of Political Science in the Political Studies Department at Bar-Ilan University in Ramat Gan, Israel. He also serves as a director of the Religion and State Project (www.religionandstate.org) and as a senior research fellow at the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies. He is the author or editor of nine books including the most widely used textbook on religion and world politics. He currently serves on the editorial or advisory boards of four journals and is the recipient of the 2009 Distinguished Article Award from the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion.
- Author(s)Jonathon Fox
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Social Theory, Religion & Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus. 54 tables
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.