All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book serves as an accessible critical introduction to the broad category of American political television content. Encompassing political news and scripted entertainment, Political TV addresses a range of formats, including interview/news programs, political satire, fake news, drama, and reality TV. From long-running programs like Meet the Press to more recent offerings including Veep, The Daily Show, House of Cards, Last Week Tonight, and Scandal, Tryon addresses ongoing debates about the role of television in representing issues and ideas relevant to American politics. Exploring political TV's construction of concepts of citizenship and national identity, the status of political TV in a post-network era, and advertisements in politics, Political TV offers an engaging, timely analysis of how this format engages its audience in the political scene. The book also includes a videography of key and historical series, discussion questions, and a bibliography for further reading.
- Author BiographyChuck Tryon is Associate Professor of Film and Media Studies at Fayetteville State University. He is the author of On-Demand Culture: Digital Delivery and the Future of Movies and Reinventing Cinema: Movies in the Age of Media Convergence.
- Author(s)Chuck Tryon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleRoutledge Television Guidebooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.