All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a clear and concise overview of and introduction to Deleuze in the field of politics. Political Theory After Deleuze provides an accessible introduction to Deleuze in the field of politics by putting his thought directly into dialogue with contemporary debates in political theory. The book focuses particularly on Deleuze's contribution to emerging debates in political theory. As these developments are a response to the inadequacies many theorists find with traditional dominant approaches, the book speaks to those traditional approaches as well. The book is t an exegesis of Deleuze's ideas on politics or political theory, but rather a re-reading of the field from a Deleuzian perspective. Nathan Widder shows how Deleuze offers a distinctive contribution to debates in political theory that are trying to rethink the nature of pluralism, individual and collective subjectivity, power relations and the state, the emergence of political events, and the role of desire in politics. Deleuze already figures in many of these debates and this book makes his contribution more accessible to a student audience and facilitates communication between the emerging field of Deleuze Studies and political theory as it is currently taught. The Deleuze Encounters series provides students in philosophy and related subjects with concise and accessible introductions to the application of Deleuze's work in key areas of study. Each book demonstrates how Deleuze's ideas and concepts can enhance present work in a particular field.
- Author BiographyNathan Widder is Senior Lecturer in Political Theory at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. His previous publications include Reflections on Time and Politics (Penn State University Press, 2008) and Genealogies of Difference (University of Illinois Press, 2002).
- Author(s)Nathan Widder
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- Series TitleDeleuze Encounters
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.