All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume encompasses a wide range of empirical research on a variety of topics that are related by their focus on the importance of attitudes, culture, and perceptions. The significance of public attitudes, the impact of cultural rms, and the perceptions of military officers and civilians are all analyzed in the seven articles in this latest edition of Political and Military Sociology. The first essay asserts that military memoirs should be taken seriously as objects of scholarly analysis. Using the Mirities at Risk Dataset, the second article examines the effects of globalization on ethnic conflict in 106 countries from 1985 to 2002. The next focuses on Canadian attitudes toward military expenditures following the September 11th terrorist attacks. The fourth examines the attitudes of Texans toward recent US wars, the draft, and military service generally. The fifth essay explores the role of the media in promoting democracy and democratic attitudes in southern Africa. Using survey data, the following article addresses the extent to which higher education promotes more tolerant attitudes among Israeli Jews toward Israeli Arabs. The volume concludes with a study of US warrant officers that shows how the rank has evolved over time.
- Author BiographyNeovi M. Karakatsanis is professor of political science at Indiana University South Bend, USA. Her work has appeared in Armed Forces and Society, Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies, and Mediterranean Quarterly. Jonathan Swarts is associate professor of political science at Purdue University North Central, USA. He is the author of Constructing Neoliberalism.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitlePolitical and Military Sociology Series
- Series Part/Volume Number43
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJonathan Swarts,Neovi M. Karakatsanis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.