Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the rhetoric of speeches by major British or American politicians and shows how metaphor is used systematically to create political myths of monsters, villains and heroes. Metaphors are shown to interact with other figures of speech to communicate subliminal meanings by drawing on the unconscious emotional association of words.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN CHARTERIS-BLACK is Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics at the University of Surrey, UK. He has published extensively in the areas of figurative language, corpus linguistics, cognitive semantics and English for specific purposes. He is the author of Corpus Approaches to Critical Metaphor Analysis, published by Palgrave Macmillan in 2004.
- Author(s)Jonathan Charteris-Black
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication23/11/2004
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight470 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.