Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionPoliticized Ecomies illuminates the high tide of mercantilism in England and the entrenchment of controls in the French and Spanish ecomies between 1540 and 1640. Ekelund and Tollison subject mercantilist foreign trade to neoclassical-neoinstitutional analysis, examining the general ecomic organization of the mercantile companies and focusing on the ecomic inner workings of the East India Company. The authors probe for the origins of the modern corporation in the early joint stock companies of England and analyze the effects of regulatory forms on the business organizations that emerged to engage in foreign trade.
- Author BiographyRobert B. EKELUND, JR., is professor of economics at Auburn University.ROBERT D. TOLLISON is director of the Center for Study of Public Choice, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.
- Author(s)David Reisman
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1997
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.