All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDistinguished researchers from around the world examine the interplay between gender and metaphor in political language in Great Britain, the United States, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Ireland, and Singapore. They draw on a wide variety of corpus data to determine to what extent metaphors used by women in political power differ with, or remain the same as that of men. They also examine what effect metaphor use has on women's power in the political arena. This wide-ranging collection of language-based studies will interest students and researchers in discourse analysis, political communication, gender studies, journalism, and media studies.
- Author BiographyKathleen Ahrens is Professor at Hong Kong Baptist University and Director of the International Writers' Workshop as well as a Fellow in the Hong Kong Academy of Humanities. She has published extensively on issues relating to lexical semantics, language processing, conceptual metaphors and discourse analysis. Her current research focuses on corpora-based analyses of conceptual metaphor use in political language.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/10/2009
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKathleen Ahrens
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.