All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Politica as a specific genre of academic reflection on civil life developed from the later sixteenth century and flourished until at least the mid-seventeenth century, especially at universities in the Holy Roman Empire and where their influence was felt, as in the Dutch Republic. Theologians, Philosophers, Jurists and Medical Doctors contributed books. Aside from few and only with difficulty accessible surveys and a few individual well researched authors, research into this genre remains a task for the future. This survey collects contributions from a number of senior and younger researchers and their various approaches and arguments. In particular by providing examples of the heterogeneity of current research, it serves as an introduction to the genre and to a more complete assessment of the development of Early Modern political thought. The volume also stresses the importance of this genre for several transformations of political thought in the Early Modern Age.
- Author BiographyRobert von Friederbug is the chair of early modern history at Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam in the Netherlands. His work has appeared in The Historical Journal, The Oxford Handbook of Modern German History, and The Philosopher in Early Modern Europe.
- Author(s)Robert von Friedenburg
- PublisherGeorg Olms Verlag AG
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHildesheim
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGeorg Olms Verlag AG
- Content Note1 illustration (black and white)
- Weight264 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.