Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world of near-boundless suspicion of politics and the media, why do politicians still exploit the familiar techniques of propaganda? And why are we so vulnerable to their inscrutable allure? In Politics and Propaganda Nicholas O'Shaughnessy shows us why propaganda continues to be one of the prime movers of human history. O'Shaughnessy, rewned author, scholar, and founder of the cutting-edge field of political marketing, explores one of the most-studied but least-understood aspects of civilized society. His comprehensive study of rhetoric, myth, and symbol explains both the evolution of propaganda and its continued success in the modern and post-modern eras. The result is an elegantly argued analysis that draws on a veritable encyclopedia of examples to explain the persistent appeal of disinformation in an age of high media literacy and intense political and social skepticism.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Weight562 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.