All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe revised and updated eighth edition of the bestselling textbook Politics UK is an indispensible introduction to British politics. It provides a thorough and accessible overview of the institutions and processes of British government, a good grounding in British political history and an incisive introduction to the issues facing Britain today. With contributed chapters from respected scholars in the field and contemporary articles on real-world politics from well-kwn political commentators, this textbook is an essential guide for students of British politics. The eighth edition welcomes brand new material from eight new contributors to complement the rigorously updated and highly valued chapters retained from the previous edition. The eighth edition includes: * Britain in context boxes offering contrasting international perspectives of themes in British politics. * A comprehensive 'who's who' of politics in the form of Profile boxes featuring key political figures. * And ather thing ...pieces: short articles written by distinguished commentators including Jonathan Powell, Michael Moran and Mark Garnett. * Fully updated chapters plus new material providing excellent coverage of contemporary political events including: The Leveson Inquiry, the aftermath of the 2011 riots and the House of Lords reform. * A vibrant and accessible new design to excite and engage students as the work through a variety of political topics. * A new epilogue to the book offering a critical perspective of the trials and tribulations of the Coalition Government, including an overview of the major differences that divide the coalition partners.
- Author BiographyBill Jones is Professor and Lecturer of Politics and History at Liverpool Hope University. He is the author of several well-known textbooks on British politics including the previous seven editions of Politics UK, British Politics Today, Political Issues in Britain Today and The Dictionary of British Politics. Philip Norton, Lord Norton of Louth, is Professor of Government and Director of the Centre for Legislative Studies at the University of Hull, as well as being a member of the House of Lords. He is the author or editor of 30 books.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1723 g
- Width191 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byBill Jones,Philip Norton
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.