All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a unique reconceptualization of cosmopolitanism. It examines several themes that inform politics in a globalized era, including global governance, international law, citizenship, constitutionalism, community, domesticity, territory, sovereignty, and nationalism. The volume explores the specific philosophical and institutional challenges in constructing a cosmopolitan political community beyond the nation state. It reorients and decolonizes the boundaries of 'cosmopolitanism' and questions the contemporary discourse to posit inclusive alternatives. Presenting rich and diverse perspectives from across the world, the volume will interest scholars and students of politics and international relations, political theory, public policy, ethics, and philosophy.
- Author BiographySonika Gupta is Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India. Sudarsan Padmanabhan is Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleEthics, Human Rights and Global Political Thought
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySonika Gupta,Sudarsan Padmanabhan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.